Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vanilla Bean Cupcakes


The simplicity of vanilla is one of my favorite flavors. As a child, a scoop of french vanilla ice cream was often the one of choice. As you get older, we all choose to be more adventurous and try new and more bold flavors.

But in planning my two year olds second birthday, I decided to find a base flavor for his birthday cake. My partner Chris, said he liked cakes with strawberries, like strawberry shortcake. I thought I would find a cake that I could add strawberries to the filling.


After a bit of searching, I came across a great recipe for Double Vanilla Bean Cupcakes. The recipe can be found here: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/double_vanilla_cupcakes/ compliments of http://www.vanillagarlic.com/ . I made the recipe as described, except I added a full vanilla bean to the batter rather than just a half bean. The cupcakes were great! They were light and fluffy, most likely due to using egg whites. The frosting is simple and topped with sliced strawberries was just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment