Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grilled Chicken Lemon Basil Pasta

Complete food boredom drives me to my cookbooks, favorite blogs and websites to look for inspiration. Food boredom is described as a lack of ideas and creativity in the kitchen, often linked to an increased level of take out and fast food in my diet.
I went searching last weekend, in attempts to add some life to my dinner routine. I came across a simple recipe that was posted on the Pioneer Women's website. http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

I made the recipe as follows, with my own twist. I added canned artichoke hearts that I grilled lightly. Yummy!

Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Hearts with Lemon Basil Cream Pasta

2 lbs chicken breast - marinated in balsamic vinager with extra garlic powder and Italian seasoning blend
10-15 Basil Leaves

1 cup half n half

1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp Butter

1 cup shredded Parmesan

4 lemons juiced
1lb penne pasta
16 oz can artichoke hearts
extra basil to garnish, used the blossom tops.
  1. Marinate chicken breast for at least 2 hour or overnight.

  2. Grill chicken and wrap in foil to keep warm.

  1. Oil artichokes and season with salt and pepper. Carefully grill and be aware they are slippery. Do not over cook as they will fall apart.






  2. Boil pasta to al dente. Drain and reserve one cup of pasta water.

  3. In same pot, melt butter. Add cream, half n half, and parmesan. Stir until melted and blended well.

  4. Add lemon juice. Mix well.

  5. Add pasta to sauce in pot. Loosen sauce with extra pasta water if needed.
  6. Serve pasta with chicken sliced on top. Garnish with the basil.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment